Sunday, November 29, 2009
Finally!
After hours and hours and hours (26 hours and 30 minutes to be exact) we arrived in Bangkok! We stayed at the Novatel Hotel right by the airport for a quick 8 hours and hopped back on a short flight to Phuket. Once in Phuket we caught a boat ride over to Phi Phi Island (pronounced pee pee). Our first stop was the Phi Phi Island Village Resort. The tide was out and there aren't any docks as to preserve the beaches so the boat we came in on took us to a thai long boat which took us to a gator type thing just to get off the water! It was funny doing all of the transfers. The resort was absolutely gorgeous! Truly paradise! It was tucked into the mountains with a pristine beach. The water is unbelievable and crytal clear. I've actually gotten in a few times (I don't usually get in ocean water- I'm too big of a scardy cat)! We couldn't have asked for a better way to start the trip. Thais are very accomodating and gracious. We've loved everything thus far, especially the food. There are western foods on every menu along with traditional Thai cuisine. We've eaten noodles and rice and have fun sauces to try with everything (Carly, I am thinking of you right now). We are having the time of our lives! More later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you are having fun! I can't wait to see more picture. Ellie is having fun with Pudley. I am looking forward to your next post!! Love and miss you. Mom Mel
ReplyDelete